Thursday, March 13, 2014

Breaking Up Blue

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see


I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings that live inside me.


As I was walking away
I heard her say over my shoulder
"We'll meet again someday on the avenue"
Tangled up in blue.



Love is like a dyin' ember
Only memories remain
Through the ages I'll remember
Blue eyes cryin' in the rain


Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
Blue on blue now that we are through
Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
And I find I can't get over losing you




Blue songs are like tattoos
You know I've been to sea before
Crown and anchor me
Or let me sail away


Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'
Shine on the one whose gone and proved untrue
Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'
Shine on the one whose gone and left me blue



Blue velvet

But in my heart there'll always bePrecious and warm, a memory
Through the years



Blue here is a shell for you
Inside you'll hear a sigh
A foggy lullaby
There is your song from me


And I still can see blue velvet
Through my tears.

 




Thanks to the inspiration of words sung by: Ella Fitzgerald, Eiffel 65, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Bobby Vinton, Joni Mitchell, and Bill Monroe.

No comments:

Post a Comment