Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Seven Wonders

Seven Natural Wonders

Based on the reading from this week regarding Sensazione, I tried to locate pictures of the seven natural wonders.  While many of them are visually appealling, they offer multi-sensory experiences. I went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago, and while I was obviously stunned by its visual beatuy, the sound of absolute silence was also a breathtaking experience. I remember only hearing the sound of wind, and after living in Washington D.C. for so long, I realized how much background noise I had normalized. I think that these natural wonders offer unique experiences of sight and sound.

The colors that are presented provide a deconstructed perspective of the pictures. I took swatches of the colors that struck me most from the photographs.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of taking colors from the individual photos and juxtaposing them as swatches with the photos.

    ReplyDelete