Monday, April 14, 2014

spirit


"I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I guess I think that maybe there's something after we die, but I don't know what."

"None of us do."  

"True, but I don't even like to think about it."

"Aren't you worried?"

"What, about being wrong?  About going to ... Hell?"

"Yeah."

"I told you.  I really don't think about it."

"Seems kind of risky."

"Maybe."

"Think you might change your mind when you get older?"

"I might.  I've thought about that."

[laughing]  "Really?"

"Yeah, sure, why not.  Kind of like cramming for The Big Test."

[laughing more]  "Stop."

"What?  I'm serious!  I might be going to church everyday when I'm 80.  Have a lot of making up to do."

"I don't think it works like that."

"How do you know?"

"I go to Church!"

"And they talk about that?"

"Well, maybe not exactly."

"So then?"

"Well, I'm just saying it seems kind of risky." 

"Why?"

"I don't know, like your gaming God."

"Gaming God.  I like the sound of that."

"Sounds like a movie."

"Or an album."

"Yeah."

"Wanna jam?"

"Okay. Let's go.  I'll grab a sixer and a pack of smokes."

"Sounds risky."

"Ha ha."




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, was looking for a picture of two average Joe's walking down the street, and then thought of one of my favorite pictures of male companionship -- Kerouac and Cassady.

    ReplyDelete