Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Self Portrait





Self Portrait

For today's theme I wanted to take my original photograph (I was inspired by Donnie's post) and add a twist.  I thought about Inside the Box and Gore and how they recommend taking an existing product and reframing it.  I liked how Inside the Box discussed identifying critical components and the method of subtraction.  What components comprise my self-portrait could be subtracted without making it unidentifiable? I always thought that the necessary attributes of self portraits are the eyes and the nose, but like the Mona Lisa, is a self-portrait the same without the mouth? I played with the portrait to see if the slimmest portion of the picture were still identifiable and which parts could be subtracted. The photos attached were part of that process. 

1 comment: