Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Red

Blue
Black
Red
Yellow

Red

Today's prompt of red made me think of a word association game.  Essentially, Lumosity and Brain Age and other similar products have developed games like this where different words for colors are displayed in different colors than their actual meaning.  Participants have to correctly identify instances where the word and actual color match.  I found this to be surprisingly challenging, but it was an enlightening experience.  Oftentimes, in an effort to work as quickly as possible, I would associate the word with the color despite the fact that they did not match.  I guess it taught me how sometimes we can make associations that are not actually present. 

1 comment:

  1. I think our Quant instructors would agree! :-) Cool post, Jen.

    ReplyDelete